Major Harris County Thoroughfare Connection and Commercial Mixed-Use Area Creates An Ideal Community at The Groves in NorthEast Houston
The Groves is scheduled to celebrate the opening of the Madera Run Parkway connection to Woodland Hills Drive on December 8th. The connection of Madera Run Parkway and Woodland Hills Drive will offer Groves’ residents 5-minute access to Beltway 8. The Groves will be one of the only actively selling master planned communities to provide this accessibility. To commemorate the opening, the community is hosting a fun run – Dashing Through The Groves – on December 8th at 8 am (dashingthroughthegroves.com).
Ashlar Development also has plans to introduce a commercial mixed-use area to the Northeast area. The location of the mixed-use site will be at the intersection of Madera Run Parkway & Woodland Hills Drive (two major Harris County thoroughfares). Be on the lookout for additional information coming 2019.
Located in the acclaimed Humble ISD with easy access to Beltway 8 and Hwy 59, The Groves is conveniently located near the backyard fun of Lake Houston, George Bush Intercontinental Airport, the shopping and recreation of downtown Houston area and the business corridors of downtown Houston, Texas Medical Center, The Woodlands and the Port of Houston.
Seven of Houston’s top homebuilders are currently selling ten different product offerings in The Groves from the $240-600s. The picturesque wooded community creates the perfect backdrop for the innovative home designs where residents are encouraged to get outside with miles of walking trails, community activities for the whole family, and access to nature right at their doorsteps.
Groves residents have easy access to top-of-the-line schools, conveniently located within the community. West Lake Middle School recently opened for the 2018-19 school year. The 204,000 square foot school, located in the acclaimed Humble ISD, will serve up to 1,500 students. West Lake Middle School offers a premier S.T.E.A.M. education program led by Dr. Kenneth Hodgkinson. S.T.E.A.M. is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
Additional amenities for Groves residents include:
- Musical Inspiration Moments: wind chimes placed among the wooded trails and whale drums provide peaceful musical accompaniment and inspiration to walkers.
- Wildlife Habitats: including squirrel houses and feeders, birdhouses and bat boxes, allowing Groves residents to immerse and engage with the wildlife population.
- Park Amenities: Innovative park elements including mirrored stumps, a dragon swing, picnic tables in the trees, a group spinner, art within nature pieces, woodland animal statues and more. Open space for play and discovery also gives families the chance to express their imaginations and creativity.
- The Hearth Amenity Center featuring a resort-style pool, event pavilion, great lawn, hammocks, outdoor fireplace and a creek overlook.
- Lifestyle Center featuring the Great Lawn, splash pad, fitness center, fire pit, walking trails, scenic views of the woods, and outdoor yard games such as foosball, ping-pong and life-sized Jenga.
- A Lifestyle Director that plans year-round events including The Gathering – A community-wide meal once a quarter, ‘Groves After Dark’ events (Casino Night, Wine Night and Bourbon and Cigar Nights), Outdoor Movie Nights, Cub Club for the little ones, and Field Trips – community-wide excursions.
- Fish Camp, which includes a stocked fishing pond for catch-and-release fishing and a dock with covered lounge space and trails.
- Easy access to Beltway 8. The upcoming opening of Madera Run Parkway will allow residents a less than 5-minute commute!